- Volunteer Coordinator/Sexual Assault Advocate
You must be within a 30 mile driving distance of Helena to qualify for this position. Applicants living outside of the specified location will not be considered. Please send a Cover Letter explaining your interest in the position you are applying for, your qualifications, your location, and other experience you might have along with a resume and a minimum of 3 reference letters. Applications should be sent to the email address below. Individuals sending reference letters on your behalf should address them to Monie Johnson and should send them via email to the following address:
***Please include a contact method you prefer and a phone number through which you may be reached. Your references will be contacted and interviewed.
***You must be able to pass a drug test and comprehensive background check.
***Availability to begin work October 1st preferred.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL ACASA WITH QUESTIONS. All correspondence should be directed through email: firstname.lastname@example.org until you are contacted. The director will be happy to answer any questions you may have, but will not take phone calls about these opportunities until candidates have submitted the required paperwork to apply for the position of interest.
Volunteer Coordinator/Sexual Assault Advocate
Position Summary: Full time position under the direct supervision of the Executive Director of ACASA and the Sexual Assault Advocate located in Helena, this position will be responsible for coordinating all volunteer duties and activities and ensuring all paperwork and reporting requirements are met. When not coordinating volunteer activities, this position will provide direct advocacy services to victims of sexual assault.
• Provide direct advocacy services to victims of sexual assault, including answering crisis hotline and in person crisis intervention, and advocacy throughout the medical, legal, and criminal justice process.
• Recruit individuals for volunteer advocate positions, thoroughly screen and provide initial and quarterly training.
• Coordinate all volunteer duties such as scheduling, follow-up, and ensuring all paperwork and reporting requirements are met.
• Must attend and satisfactorily complete all required training and be certified with the Arkansas Coalition Against Sexual Assault within six months of date of employment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred (5 + years of experience may be considered).
• Excellent computer and organizational skills, attention to detail.
• Must have transportation, a valid driver’s license, and maintain current automobile liability insurance at all times.
• Must be willing to travel. Most travel is daytime travel within the state but some overnight stays at trainings and/or conferences will be required.
• Must have flexibility to respond to crisis calls outside normal business hours.
• Skills Requirement: Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail; knowledge of use and maintenance of technological tools; ability to initiate and follow through on projects with a minimum of supervision.
Rate of Pay: $21/hour with benefits (health insurance, dental and vision, retirement)