Who We Are
We are a statewide coalition of individuals and organizations working together toward the elimination of sexual violence and advocating for sexual assault victims’ rights and services. ACASA provides cohesion, vision and resources to members, while working to change public attitudes and beliefs surrounding sexual violence issues.
We envision a world free of sexual violence in which men and women together assure that all human beings are treated with dignity and respect for their physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual integrity.
Our Mission Statement
Through collaborative action, the Arkansas Coalition Against Sexual Assault advocates for the rights and needs of persons affected by all forms of sexual violence.
- Sexual assault is not the fault of the victim; it is a decision made by
- Most sexual violence is a crime of power and control, and as such, is a
matter of social justice.
- Social justice cannot be fully achieved as long as sexual violence is allowed
- Societal attitudes, cultural beliefs and institutional practices that
perpetuate sexual violence and other social injustices must be challenged
- All survivors of sexual violence deserve full, compassionate responses and
access to quality services.
- Men and women must be partners in ending sexual violence.
- Survivors have a right to determine their own course of action.
- To impact the underlying causes of sexual violence, ownership must
shift from social services to the community as a whole.
- The efforts of those who provide services to victims should be honored
- Sexual Violence is a public health and safety issue and deserves the
complete attention of our elected officials.